Continuing Professional Development (CPD) program materials continue to be an excellent resource for keeping current on new and amended Ontario legislation. These materials typically summarize statute and rule changes, and provide valuable advice for legal practitioners on adapting their practices and improving client outcomes. Here is a selection of recently received CPD program materials that focus on key legislative developments in Ontario family, construction, municipal/planning and residential tenancies law:
Construction Lien Amendment Act, 2017, SO 2017, c 24 – Bill 142
- “The New Construction Act: The Metamorphosis of Bill 142 and Modernization of the Construction Lien Act” by Jason Annibale and Nikki Rozario in The Six Minute Commercial Leasing Lawyer 2018 (LSO CPD, February 15, 2018).
Rental Fairness Act, 2017, SO 2017, c 13 – Bill 124
- The Rental Fairness Act, 2017: What Paralegals Need to Know in 2018 (LSO CPD, March 2, 2018).
- “Residential Tenancies: Updates” by Vanessa Playtis in Navigating the Changing World of Real Estate Law (OBA CPD, February 8, 2018).
All Families Are Equal Act (Parentage and Related Registrations Statute Law Amendment), 2016, SO 2016, c 23 – Bill 28
- “The Birth of the All Families are Equal Act: Reconceptualising Parentage in Ontario” by Joanna Radbord in Critical Issues at the Intersection of Family Law, and Trust and Estate Law (OBA CPD, March 8, 2018).
Building Better Communities and Conserving Watersheds Act, 2017, SO 2017, c 23 – Bill 139
(amendments to the Planning Act re: land use planning appeals system and OMB)
- “How will Bill 139 affect the Planning Process for Applicants: A Few Key Questions” by Mary Flynn-Guglietti; and
- “How will Bill 139 affect the Planning Process for Municipalities: A Few Key Questions” by Marcia Taggart in A New Era in Municipal & Planning Law (OBA CPD, February 9, 2018).
Search or browse Law Society of Ontario CLE/CPD articles since 2004 via AccessCLE. Also, from the Great Library homepage, you can search our catalogue under the CPD tab!