With the arrival of the first month of each new year, many lawyers report a steep increase in inquiries concerning separation or divorce. For those looking for precedents or general primers on divorce and separation, the Great Library has a wealth of material amongst our family law collection:
- Lexis Practice Advisor – Family Law (Ontario) (contact firstname.lastname@example.org with requests)
- features checklists, precedents, and practice notes concerning such topics as child and spousal support, domestic contracts like separation agreements, and divorce proceeding pleadings like affidavits, applications, notices, etc.
- O’Brien’s Encyclopedia of Forms – Ontario Family Law (contact email@example.com with requests)
- includes domestic contracts like mediation and separation agreements (the latter with clause-by-clause breakdowns), pleadings like affidavits, applications, and notices, and more.
- Law Society CPD papers from recent family law programs (publicly and freely available on AccessCLE), such as:
- CPD programs often contain useful precedents and drafting commentary like in:
- Domestic Contracts by Hugh G. Stark and Kirstie J. MacLise (contact firstname.lastname@example.org with requests)
- contains guidance, best practices, checklists, and precedents concerning such domestic contracts as separation agreements, mediated separation agreements, parenting agreements, child support provisions, and more.
- Canadian Divorce Law and Practice by James C. MacDonald, Lee K. Ferrier (contact email@example.com with requests)
- includes precedent domestic contracts like separation agreements as well as sample pleadings such as memorandums, petitions, applications, etc.
This is but a snipping of the material dealing with divorce and separation that the library possesses in our collection. Need more information about our family law materials? Just ask us!