Researching legislation can be time-consuming and laborious but hardly ever boring (at least, according to many a law librarian). Join us for a 1-hour group tutorial where one of our law librarians will go through the fundamentals of legislative research including an overview of the legislative process (focusing on Ontario and Federal), effective time-saving tools, and a live demonstration of common legislative tasks like:Continue reading “Legislative Group Refreshers!”
The Great Library is pleased to announce that we will be re-launching our popular online one-on-one legislative research training sessions to interested summer and articling law students, licensing candidates, licensees and law clerks beginning April 25, 2022.Continue reading “Online Legislative Research Tutorials”
Now that spring has arrived and the warm weather is soon to follow, here is a selection of instructional videos to help you brush up and build winning legal research skills.
HeinOnline – HeinOnline’s YouTube Channel
- How to Find an Article in the Law Journal Library. Find a law journal article in 4 easy steps when all you have is the article name and author.
- Enhanced HeinOnline Interface. A quick overview of the new features available on HeinOnline’s enhanced interface.
- Printing & Downloading in HeinOnline
Law Society of Saskatchewan Library – Tutorials
- CanLII Series. Five quick refreshers on searching CanLII from keyword searching to finding legislation.
Law Library of Congress – In Custodia Legis
- Finding Case Law Using Google Scholar. Learn how to use Google Scholar to access free U.S. case law.
Lexis Advance Quicklaw – Training on the Go videos
- Browsing Sources. Learn how to locate sources by category, jurisdiction or title.
- QuickCITE Basics
- QuickCITE Advanced