The Great Library will reopen on Monday, November 1. We’re looking forward to welcoming you back to the library space. While we’ve all had to navigate new challenges with virtual research and digital delivery, we know that many of you like to do your own research.
The library will re-open to the public and to Law Society licensees. For the most part, we’ll be returning to operations as they were before the pandemic. However, we have some pandemic-related changes to our operations:
- You will only be able to access the Great Library by entering through the Law Society of Ontario entrance on the east side of Osgoode Hall. There will be no entry from the courthouse.
- Visitors to the Great Library will need to check in and out and follow Law Society of Ontario requirements for vaccinations and contact tracing. This includes wearing a mask at all times in the Great Library.
- We will only be able to accommodate 19 researchers at a time so be aware that, if we are at capacity, you may need to wait to enter. The designated seating will ensure social distancing.
- Our conference rooms will not be available for use.
We are also making some permanent service changes. These include:
- the library will no longer have evening and weekend hours. We will be open Monday to Friday, 9 to 5pm. Please plan your visit accordingly as we will ask all researchers to leave the library at 5pm.
- please bring a debit or credit card if you will need to purchase photocopies. We will no longer be accepting cash.
I appreciate everyone’s patience over the past 18+ months. I know some of you have been champing at the bit to have access to our extensive print collection and to do your research directly. We’re looking forward to continuing to support you.