What should you do when you have to research a totally unfamiliar area of law? No one knows everything, so it’s a great strategy to look for a reputable source, print or online, that provides an overview or background information to give you a starting point. Continue reading “Nobody Knows Everything”
Now that spring has arrived and the warm weather is soon to follow, here is a selection of instructional videos to help you brush up and build winning legal research skills.
HeinOnline – HeinOnline’s YouTube Channel
- How to Find an Article in the Law Journal Library. Find a law journal article in 4 easy steps when all you have is the article name and author.
- Enhanced HeinOnline Interface. A quick overview of the new features available on HeinOnline’s enhanced interface.
- Printing & Downloading in HeinOnline
Law Society of Saskatchewan Library – Tutorials
- CanLII Series. Five quick refreshers on searching CanLII from keyword searching to finding legislation.
Law Library of Congress – In Custodia Legis
- Finding Case Law Using Google Scholar. Learn how to use Google Scholar to access free U.S. case law.
Lexis Advance Quicklaw – Training on the Go videos
- Browsing Sources. Learn how to locate sources by category, jurisdiction or title.
- QuickCITE Basics
- QuickCITE Advanced